"Just a quick thank you for last night’s voice class. To sing in person with friends was such a joy. I've lots of things to practice and looking forward to next Wednesday! Thank you, Pat, for sharing your talents and making singing so uplifting." Diane 6/30/22
“It’s amazing what you were all able to accomplish in six weeks. And they loved it! We’re so appreciative for such a wonderful experience for the boys…” A Parent’s Feedback 2022
Elementary Ages: Saturday mornings, 9:00 – 10:30 beginning 10/1/22.
Middle School Ages: Thursdays, 5:45 – 7:15 FREE TRIAL CLASS - 11/17/22 by reservation only!
Teen Girls : Wednesday Evenings beginning 10/5/22, 6:30
Teen Guys : times tba
Adult Ladies : Monday Evenings beginning 9/26, 6:30 – 8:30 pm
Other class times may be available. Call for details.
Group Vocal Classes work on:
- Vocal technique (proper breathing, tone production, etc.)
- Ear training exercises for singers
- Harmony skills (older singers; younger singers learn foundations for harmony singing)
- Sight singing -- using Kodaly and Gordon Rhythm Syllables
- Experiencing music through movement & eurhythmics & games; establishing sense of rhythm
- Communicating music through creative exercises and drama
- Other singing skills that are appropriate to the group of students
- Basic percussion instruments (resonator bells, hand drums, boomwackers, etc. are incorporated with many of the activities)
Repertoire consists of:
Rounds, folk songs, appropriate songs from musicals, pop/contemporary and religious songs.
Dear Mrs. Weitz,
I can hardly contain my excitement! This evening I learned that I am a finalist in the Classical Singer competition! This means that I will move on to the second round to compete at the NYC Marriott Marquis in Times Square. I share this honor with you. You [the CCCC] have been such an important part in my development not only as a singer, but also as a person. In the past 10 years you have inspired me beyond measure. Being a part of the choir and having their support and prayers gave me confidence and enabled me to truly enjoy the experience. Thank you so much!
~Joanna Class of 2011
“Music … gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato